Fontainebleau forest activities
A stay for beautiful walks and sporting activities in the Fontainebleau forest. A variety of walks are available to you, Claude François Denecourt, a visionary amazed by the beauty of the Fontainebleau forest, invented nature tourism, retracing in 1842 the very first marked hiking trails in the world, called “blue trails “. this region offers a variety of sporting activities:
1. Climbing: The Fontainebleau Forest is world famous for its sandstone rock formations, attracting climbers of all levels. Les Trois Pignons, l’Éléphant, and l’Apremont are some of the must-see sites.
2. Hikes: Explore a variety of trails, from the GR13 to the umbrella pines of Barbizon, the Franchard gorges, and the Trois Pignons forest. The diversity of landscapes will leave you speechless.
3. Horse riding: Discover the region on horseback thanks to numerous equestrian centers offering hikes and sports activity lessons. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced rider, this region offers an exceptional equestrian experience.
4. Cycling: The Pays de Fontainebleau offers mountain bike routes and peaceful cycle paths along the rivers.
5. Water sports: The lakes and rivers are perfect for canoeing, kayaking, sailing and fishing.
The Pays de Fontainebleau is a treasure for nature lovers. Take advantage of these activities during your stay at Gîtes Dame Jouanne for unforgettable memories in the heart of nature.